My name is Jeff Cziok - pronounced (Chuck,) and I am the School Social Worker at Apollo High School. My primary purpose at school is to help each student realize their maximum potential and believe in themselves!
* SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS are the link between Home, School, and the COMMUNITY! *
- As members of the educational team, SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS promote and support students academic and social success by providing specialized services that may include: Assessment of student needs through observation, interviews and testing - Treatment of mental and emotional disorders - Individual and group therapeutic services - Crisis prevention and intervention - Working with students in both regular education and special education settings - Advocacy for students, parents, and the school district - Information and referral - Collaboration and consultation with community agencies, organizations, and other professionals.
* SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS HELP STUDENTS TO - *
- Increase academic success - Improve interpersonal relationships - Cope with difficult and crisis situations - Develop self-esteem and self-discipline - Learn problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills - Remove barriers to academic success.
- Developing and implementing plans to enhance students' school success - Providing ongoing emotional and behavioral support to students - Communicating information about how factors such as family, culture, socioeconomic status, physical and mental health can affect students' performance - coordinating community resources to meet students' needs - Identifying and eliminating barriers to educational success.
- Consult with mainstream and special education teachers to develop and implement pre-referral interventions - Design and implement behavior management plans - Provide social, emotional, and behavioral functional and adaptive assessments, - Educate parents and school personnel regarding the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA.)
- Are licensed mental health practitioners and professionals - Develop intervention strategies that prevent school violence - Coordinate service delivery for students through cooperative interagency activity - Mediate disputes between students.
Please contact me at Apollo High School 253-1600 - extension 2439 - Monday-Friday, for assistance.
Or, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.