My name is Chelsea Bowker, and I teach Language Arts 9 and AVID. I am beyond excited to work with each and every one of you this year, and we have quite a large amount of information to cover and learn together. If you or your families have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you are a student and need resources, I put everything, all documents and presentations, on Schoology. See me if you need the class code. Parents, I can also get you access to Schoology if that is easier than email for you.
Email is the best way to reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Period 1: Language Arts 9
Period 2: Language Arts 9
Period 3: Prep
Period 4: Lunch/Study Hall
Period 5: Language Arts 9 (Cotaught with Gülhan Miller)
Period 6: AVID 9
Period 7: AVID 10
Here is a little bit about me.
I was born in Alaska, but I do not remember it at all. More importantly, I spent most of my childhood in Shakopee, MN; that is where Valley Fair is. I then moved up to Saint Cloud, MN to attend college at St. Cloud State University, where I got my B.S. in Communication Arts and Literature. College was a wonderful experience, which is why I love teaching the AVID elective so much. I get to help y'all go to college too! Oh, you saw that? I said "y'all," so now you're wondering if I have ever lived in the South. The answer is only for 6 months. My husband is from Texas, so we spent some time down there. I picked up the term from him. But as of right now, I am a Minnesota Gal. I loved Saint Cloud so much that I made sure to stay here!
Here are 10 fun facts about me:
1. I have a birding hobby, and I am obsessed with owls.
2. I have two cats named Dobby and Weasley; can you guess what book they are from?
3. My favorite superhero is Wonder Woman. I even dressed as her for a recent comic convention I went to!
4. Yes, I'm a Whovian (a fan of Doctor Who), and I am so exicted that the new doctor is a female!
5. I know 44 digits of pi (3.14...)
6. I have a son named Jack.
7. The best book ever is Into the Wild; I will visit the bus in Alaska some day.
8. There are not enough buffalo wings in the world to satisfy my tastebuds. In other words, buffalo wings are my favorite food, but hot cheetos are a close second.
9. I hike no less than 100 miles each summer.
10. I also make cool music video parodies for the students.