My name is Chelsea Bowker, and I teach Language Arts 9 and AVID. This is my 4th year teaching. I am beyond excited to work with each and every one of you this year, and we have quite a large amount of information to cover and learn together. If you or your families have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you are a student and need resources, I put everything, all documents and presentations, on Schoology. See me if you need the class code. Parents, I can also get you access to Schoology if that is easier than email for you.
Email is the best way to reach me: email@example.com
Period 1: Language Arts 9
Period 2: Language Arts 9
Period 3: Prep
Period 4: Lunch/Study Hall
Period 5: Language Arts 9
Period 6: AVID 9
Period 7: AVID 10
Here is a little bit about me.
I spent most of my childhood in Shakopee, MN; that is where Valley Fair is. I then moved up to Saint Cloud, MN to attend college at St. Cloud State University, where I got my B.S. in Communication Arts and Literature. College was a wonderful experience, which is why I love teaching the AVID elective so much. I get to help y'all go to college too! Oh, you saw that? I said "y'all," so now you're wondering if I have ever lived in the South. The answer is only for 6 months. My husband is from Texas, so we spent some time down there. I picked up the term from him. But as of right now, I am a Minnesota Gal. I loved Saint Cloud so much that I made sure to stay here! I am also currently working on attaining my Masters Degree in Educational Technology at Concordia University Saint Paul.
Here are 10 fun facts about me:
1. I appreciate Marvel, but I am totally team DC.
2. I have two cats named Dobby and Weasley; can you guess what book they are from?
3. My favorite superhero is Wonder Woman. I even dressed as her for a recent comic convention I went to!
4. I spend a lot of time in and around lakes and rivers, but I am not a very talented fisherman.
5. I know 44 digits of pi (3.14...)
6. I have two children of my own.
7. The best book ever is Into the Wild; I will visit the bus in Alaska some day.
8. There are not enough buffalo wings in the world to satisfy my tastebuds. In other words, buffalo wings are my favorite food.
9. I hike hundreds of miles a year (yes, with a child on my back).
10. I also make cool music video parodies for the students.