About Our School
As part of St. Cloud Area School District, Discovery Community School serves families from the Waite Park area. Discovery provides a safe and caring climate and culture for all preschool – fifth grade students, their families and staff. A Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports exemplar school, Discovery focuses on respect, responsibility and safety.
Discovery students are prepared and engaged in core curriculum areas as well as classes in art, music, media technology, gym and orchestra (optional) in fifth grade. Discovery also offers talent development and accelerated learning opportunities to inspire high achievement.
Discovery participates in a unique community partnership with United Way to host one of the school district’s Neighborhood Resource Centers with the goal to support families and inspire academic student success through ongoing outreach efforts. The partnership addresses the health, wellness and social needs of students and their families.
Grades Served: PK - 5
School Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Office Hours: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Brochures & Documents
- Discovery Brochure
- EMPOWER Learning Brochure
- Photo and Media Release
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Rights & Responsibilities Video
- Student Handbook
- Title I Family-School Compact for Achievement - English
- Title I Family-School Compact for Achievement - Somali
- Title I Family-School Compact for Achievement - Spanish
- Title 1 Engagement Plan
- Discovery Proud Presentation 2016 (Video)
- Discovery Proud Presentation 2018 (Video)
- I AM Discovery Presentation 2020 (Video)
- 742 Together: Discovery Community School 2022 (Video)
- Discovery Proud Presentation 2016 (PDF)
- Discovery Proud Presentation 2018 (PDF)
- I AM 742 Discovery Presentation 2020 (PDF)
- 742 Together: Discovery Community School Presentation 2022 (PDF)