Our mission is to work collaboratively with families, staff, and our community to empower all learners to achieve their potentials. We will work as partners to help build system-wide capacity to reduce barriers, support school success, and promote independence for all children and youth.
We envision our students learning and working together in an inclusive society where individual differences are valued and quality of life is enriched by positive interactions at home, school and in the community. We embrace the importance of delivering a broad spectrum of services and supports to strengthen the achievement of students with special needs and promote their success.
- To sustain an effective, cost-efficient, coordinated intervention service system for children ages birth to 21 with disabilities;
- To employ universal design approaches, research-based interventions, common measures, and explicit decision making procedures to improve outcomes for all children and youth, including children and youth with disabilities;
- To assure a free and appropriate public education through early intervention services and the implementation of required procedures for finding, evaluating, instructing, and supporting children and youth with disabilities;
- To enhance the effective and efficient use of assistive and educational technology;
- To maximize educational benefit for children and youth with disabilities through the design and implementation of high quality, effectual service delivery models; and
- To actively engage families and the community as advocates and partners to improve outcomes for students with disabilities.