Community Education Advisory Council
On behalf of St. Cloud Area School District 742, we are always looking for members to serve on a future District 742 Community Education Advisory Council. We are seeking a broad-based membership that best reflects our communities. We are also looking to this group to provide council on a number of important topics, issues, and ideas.
One of our goals is to have a group of committed community members that agree to follow a set of meeting protocols, and are able to attend meetings on a regular basis.
The mission of the St. Cloud Community Education Advisory Council is to:
- Identify and assess community needs and interests within St. Cloud Area School District 742 relating to Community Education;
- Identify available and potential resources to meet community needs and interests;
- Help to avoid the duplication of community programs, services, and activities;
- Provide input and feedback on the goals, objectives and development of the Community Education Department;
- Provide input and feedback on the development of the annual Community Education budget, as well as monitor the general financial status of the Department;
- Increase and improve communication between Community Education and residents, staff, organizations, agencies, businesses, and schools within St. Cloud Area School District 742;
- Promote the community education philosophy of citizen involvement and lifelong learning to the residents, staff, organizations, agencies, businesses and schools within St. Cloud Area School District 742;
- Assist with the evaluation of the Community Education Department as well as within specific program areas;
- Identify opportunities for Community Education Advisory Council members to further their knowledge of Community Education through participation and in-service training.
If you are interested in being considered for membership in 2019-20, please fill out an online application. For assistance please call 320-370-8200 or email email@example.com. Thank you for considering this leadership opportunity and for making an impact on our programs!